As Service Co-ordinator you will contribute to the management, planning and delivery of a high standard of support which meet the needs of vulnerable service users in ways which promote their independence, health and wellbeing, active citizenship and choice.
The Service Co-ordinator will also hold such delegated management responsibilities as the Head of Services may decide in relation to policy and procedures in operation.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Within the support services you manage, you will ensure that each person we support has the opportunity to develop and work towards a lifestyle of their choice. This vision will incorporate a pro-active and supportive approach for the person’s life now and in the future. This approach should be underpinned by a strong commitment to maximising independence, participation and community inclusion.
- You will ensure that detailed and robust Risk Assessments and safe systems of work are in place where relevant and necessary. You will complete, monitor and review risk assessments, including undertaking initial risk assessments for new service users.
- Ensure your staff team together with other relevant professionals devise, implement, and monitor programmes of support to meet service users’ needs.
- Co-ordinate the delivery of service(s) outcomes within budget constraints
- Oversee the compliance of support plans
- Manage your own caseload if required by service level agreement.
- Ensure all team members have knowledge of the Regulatory framework; the SSSC Codes of Practice and the National Care Standards both in principle and practice.
- Provide written reports as required and maintain records required by CATH and other relevant bodies
Leadership and Development of Staff
- Provide informal and formal support and supervision of all support staff and undertake annual appraisals
- Ensure learning and development needs of all staff are identified and progressed in accordance with identified requirements
- Investigate and report on matters of a disciplinary, performance or grievance nature in line with CATH’s policies and procedures
- Investigate complaints as laid down in the Complaints Procedure and take remedial action as necessary
- Ensure compliance with CATH’s Health and Safety Policy and Procedures
- Responsible for rota planning and submission of weekly approved timesheets and maximising the use of staff resources across the service
- Through collaboration with other Service Co-ordinator ensure full staff cover across the whole service provision
- Along with other team members you will plan the local on call arrangements where appropriate and be involved in providing on-call support in a flexible manner.
- Seek and accept guidance and direction from the Head of Services and other senior managers as required
Promotion of Public Profile
- To ensure the production of clear, user-friendly information describing your services and an annual report.
- To contribute to publicity information describing project service so as to enhance CATH’s profile.
- To be responsible for maintaining your own health and safety whilst at work and for the health and safety of colleagues, people who use services and for alerting those responsible to any hazards or potential risk to health and safety
- To ensure compliance with the Data Protection Act and to ensure that an appropriate level of confidentiality is maintained around issues which may be personally or commercially sensitive
- Work in an anti-discriminatory and empowering way at all times and contribute to the development and implementation of the company’s Equal opportunities policy and procedure.
- Undertake any other duties as determined by the Senior Management Team
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: £25,455.00 to £29,957.00 /year
- supervisory: 1 year (Preferred)
To view our current vacancies please visit https://www.s1jobs.com/churches-action-for-the-homeless–jobs or https://www.indeed.co.uk/cmp/Cath-1/jobs.