Within the Outreach team we endeavour to reduce the numbers of people who are rough sleeping or at risk of losing their tenancy or are facing crisis.
We work with individuals using a person centred approach. Regardless of the circumstances a service user may find themselves in they will be supported, respected and treated with dignity at all times.
Outreach is a community based, highly visible support service with anyone being able to contact the service and ask for help without a formal referral. Out with COVID times, the team can be seen at many drop in sessions throughout Perth & Kinross in places such as Hostels, foodbanks and community drop-ins along with regular street walks enabling them to engage with people directly in need of crisis support.
Any individual aged 16+ can access the outreach service. We will attempt to ensure that each individual’s immediate issues are addressed whether they are rough sleeping, at risk of homelessness, living in temporary accommodation or simply require advice.
How we do it
- We identify potential service users through active outreach work within the community, including monitoring locations of rough sleepers and through contact with all relevant agencies
- Engage with service users to enable them to gain access to existing accommodation and community services
- Assess service users needs and plan initial course of action
- Refer service users onto the most suitable agency for their needs
- Act as a point of contact for the service user
- Maintain contact with service users not wishing to access accommodation
- Respond effectively and rapidly to any situation
- Provide crisis intervention
- Provide basic tenancy support